The Journey to Become Mrs. Brisco

THE JOURNEY TO BECOME MRS. BRISCO

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Changing Our Date

So, when we first got engaged, there wasn't too much thought that was put into choosing a wedding date. When we became engaged, I was 6 months pregnant with our daughter and she was the focus. A few months after she was born, we were going to Del Amo Mall and we then started talking about dates.

We both had always dreamed of a Spring or Summer wedding but we figured that wouldn't have been enough time for us. Then Tyrone started throwing out random dates. He said 9-11 and I told him he is INSANE! Then he said, 10-10. He said we will have been together for 10 years. I said WAIT A MINUTE! I said, it will be 10 years and 10 months. I IMMEDIATELY check my calendar and saw that it was a Sunday...I said PERFECT! At that time, our date was set!

A few months later is when I started to get into the whole planning process and I started looking for places where we can get married. There were ALREADY a lot of places that were booked and had been booked for quite some time because of the date. I didn't know why so many people wanted this date. For us, it was something special but for others, they just liked the date.

Anyway, many options were OUT because they were already booked. I started making appointments and we went to go see some venues. Nothing really stood out. Then we finally thought we found something.

BIG MISTAKE!!! We let them sucker us into leaving a deposit for a 10 AM wedding...our hearts just were not there.

Unfortunately, we lost money since we decided to pull out. We were disappointed about it but we knew that we needed to move on.

I started making appointments again but there were even more options that were out because more time had passed and more people had booked other venues that had still been available.

After searching and searching, I finally found "The One." I made an appointment for Tyrone to go check it out and he was NOT as enthused about it as I was. My poor dreams were CRUSHED!

I broke down due to all the stress of planning, in addition to our baby girls birthday, Tyrone just opening a restaurant and my brothers prom and graduation.

As much as I did not want to let 10-10-10 go, I had been battling with myself for a week or so about changing the date. I knew that it was something that needed to be done but I wasn't ready to let it go.

In the end, I spoke with Tyrone and he made a valid point. He said that nothing is going our way in terms of finding a place, losing money, etc. An hour or so later, I admitted that I had been thinking that changing the date was the best idea but I didn't want to admit it to him.

We were actually both relieved.

We have decided that it is best to push the wedding back to Spring 2011. This way, so many more options are now open and we can have the wedding of our dreams!

We have not set a date yet BUT we are looking at April, May or June of 2011.

LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment